Android 5.0+ Devices
v5.2.bf2 - 2018/06/27
- More Custom Setting that can be found automatically
- android.permission.TETHER_PRIVILEGED so users can make Tasker a system app and use it
- android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION so users can change system locale
- Changed way Compose Email action works so it only shows email apps
- fixed crash while exporting large projects with App Factory
- fixed Step event not being selectable
- fixed dialog box size for new task name when creating a profile
- Added more Custom Setting that can be found automatically
v5.2.bf1 - 2018/06/25
- Fixed crashes when starting phone state listener
- Fixed sharing/opening external SD card files
- Fixed file opening/sharing with Send Intent action
- Fixed '>' and '<' in If conditions for languages other than English
- Fixed asking for phone permissions when adding a Signal Strength state condition
v5.2 - 2018/06/22
- Custom Setting action: change/read any Global, Secure or System setting via a simple UI
- Location Mode action: set the type of location tracking on your phone (turn GPS on and off, etc)
- Immersive Mode action: hide status bar, navigation bar or both. Demo here.
- manifest permission WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS: enable via adb command - adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
- Authentication Dialog action: ask for authentication (pin, password, pattern, fingerprint or biometric). Demo here.
- action Input/Lock Screen (Android P+)
- action Input/System Screenshot (Android P+)
- action Sound Mode (for Samsung-like devices which have a separate sound toggle from Do Not Disturb)
- Actions that are new or have significant changes are now highlighted until you select them or a new version of Tasker comes out
- icon color is now respected in the various Notify actions
- Power Mode can now be toggled
- Stay On action now supports wireless charging
- Toast reminding to try "New Cell API" if scanning is not working for Cell Near
- Moved to runtime permissions (Android 6+). Will now ask for needed permissions when your Tasker data is saved (main app tick or backing out of Tasker).
- Call Plugins via Services if possible. Will make compatible plugins faster and more reliable.
- Ask for root when trying to add an action that requires root and cancel if it's not granted.
- Made Torch action available for all devices running Android Marshmallow or above.
- Made Take Call action available for all devices running Android Oreo or above.
- Made Power Mode action work with Secure Settings permission.
- Changed how Kill App with root works to make it more reliable
- Notifies user when an action without the needed permissions is ran
- Made user notifications not show in a group so they don't bundle with the persistent Tasker notification
- Removed unnecessary log when plugin adds a replace key for unexisting key
- Changed help pages to tasker.joaoapps.com
- Changed warning toast to have black text
- App now built by João Dias for the first time so I want to check if everything's working with my build script :)
- Fixed root detection with Magisk
- Fixed Wifi Tether action
- Fixed %TETHER variable
- Now asks for permissions as soon as you start editing a state, event or action that requires special permissions
- Fixed Tasker notification text not changing when setting the foreground option via Tasker action
- Fixed crashes associated with missing permissions
- Fixed Tasker crashing if changing volume with Do Not Disturb enabled and no notification access
- Fixed crash: menu > more > developer options > save data definitions
- Fixed launching app as a new copy
- Fixed kill app with root
- Fix issue with Google Play licensing