Android 5.0+ Devices
- Export as Link: revolutionizing the way Tasker data is shared. Tasker/Profiles/Projects can be exported as Links and to import them, user simply needs to click on the Link with Tasker installed. Demo here.
- Access https://taskernet.com/shares/ to manage your shared links.
- Automatic Google Drive backup: will upload every time there are changes and keep 1 daily backup. Demo here.
- Google Drive Restore: Restore data from any of your previous Google Drive backups. Demo here.
- Ability to directly import from XML files for projects/profiles/tasks
- Custom Setting State/Event: monitor Android's settings so you can react to their changes. For example, turn the volume down when night light is enabled
- Google Drive Upload action: upload a file to a folder on your Google Drive and optionally share it. Demo here.
- Display Size action: change the size of your display dinamically. Demo here.
- NFC Action: Toggle NFC on or off
- Status Bar Icons: Hide icons on your status bar. Demo here.
- Force Rotation: Force the rotation of your display. Demo here.
- Data Backup: Backup Tasker data with optional Google Drive backup. Demo here.
- Ping: Check the connectivity and latency to a remote network host
- Multi-SIM support for Send SMS action
- Ask Permissions: Mainly for users that share tasker data with others or Exported Apps
- Tasker can now output multiple local variables from an action like plugins (GDrive Upload action does it)
- Badges for new States and Events
- Option to keep wifi on with Wifi Tether
- More Custom Settings that will be automatically found
- When importing data from a URL, added option to show description of what you're importing, before importing it.
- Added android.permission.DUMP permission to manifest
- Tasker notifications will now show the time they were created
- When Tasker crashes a notification will be generated so user can directly report the crash to the developer
- When Tasker exits, it'll always check if battery optimizations are off: too many people were having issues with it
- When you export data to storage, it'll share the file so you can easily open it somewhere else
- SMS App action will now set it with no prompt if Tasker has the Write Secure Settings permission
- Updated support email address
- If device is rooted End Call will be performed with root so it always works
- Upgraded to Google Play Services 12
- Take Call works with root if available
- When moving file and using HTTP GET with file create destination directory first if it doesn't exist.
- Allow for user https certificates for HTTP actions
- When license is not valid, stop Tasker monitor
- Fixed Array Set not clearing previously existing array with the same name
- Fixed some dialogs accepting the positive action when the Android back button was pressed
- Ask for location permission in Wifi Connected and Wifi Near states
- Fixed opening file from a folder whose name started with "Tasker"
- Fixed Biometric Dialog not showing up when running from outside Tasker
- Fixed error message when running Create Directory action
- Fixed not being able to delete multiple profiles at once
- Fixed Wifi Tethering for Android P
- Don't exit Tasker if some other app opens while Tasker is in its main screen
- Write file action creates missing directories if needed
- Fixed crash when wifi tether action fails because of Carrier blocks
- Made files with root directories sharable with other apps
- Fixed missing permission for SMS action: READ_PHONE_STATE
- Fixed time not showing in notifications
- Fixed Menu -> Data -> Share
- Fixed crash when exporting project with missing icon
- Fixed crash showing overlay scene with no permission
- Request Read Call Logs permission on phone ringing event to be able to get the phone number
- Fixed Airplane Radios action
- Fixed toast background color on devices where toast isn't white by default
- Fixed testing for file size with root