Android 5.0+ Devices
- New Say WaveNet action! Allows you to use much more realistic voices for your say actions. Demo.
- New Keyboard action! Simulate keyboard keys. Allows you to navigate app's UIs (using the arrow or tab keys for example) and interact with inputs in other apps! Demo.
- New Navigation Bar action! Totally customize the bottom navigation bar with custom icons and commands (on supported devices). Demo.
- New NFC Tag event and action! Allows you to react to NFC Tags and write data to them! Demo.
- New Secondary App launcher icon and Secondary App Opened Event. This will allow to perform tasks from other places like double-tapping the power button or Bixby. This icon can be hidden if not needed.
- Tasker and App Factory now target API 26 (Android Oreo). This doesn't mean that the apps will stop working on older devices. Just that they are now more inline with the latest Android best-practices.
- Added launcher adaptive icon
- Added Notification Channels for all created notifications (user and system). Disable the ones you don't want to see in Android Settings.
- For user notifications, a default notification channel will be generated for existing notification actions
- New option in menu: Create Debug Log so that users can more easily send the developer a log with for issue they're having with an optional video and audio capture to make it easier for the bug to be found!
- When manually backing up data, also give option to backup to Google Drive
- Added MD5 option to Test File
- Add %gd_uploaded variable to Google Drive Uploaded action
- Added %gd_time() variable to Google Drive outputs
- Added Toggle option to Immersive Mode action
- Added more Custom Setting keys
- Added main or background thread info to each log line
- Added source installer to bug reports
- Added Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Czech, Japanese and Turkish languages
- Add build timestamp to support email
- Added tip to show user video of how to create a simple profile if user has 0 profiles setup
- Added tip to show user video of how to create a simple named task if user has 0 named tasks setup
- Added beginner videos above to Info menu
- Added tip to enable Google Drive backup if user hasn't enabled it yet
- Made all Global Accessibility actions (Back, Quick Settings, Power Dialog, etc) able to work without the Tasker accessibility service being on, if Tasker has the WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission
- Made Turn Off action work on Android versions < 9
- Do not Disturb, ringer, system volume and Sound Mode actions now use Do Not Disturb permission instead of Notification Access permission on Marshmallow+
- Allow writing empty values with the Custom Setting action by not filling in either Value or Read Setting To fields
- Added "Tasker Loading" dialog when you open Tasker
- Run a lot of stuff in background threads so Tasker should be a lot snappier now.
- Running in foreground is now mandatory on Android 8 devices and above.
- If Notify action texts is > 30 chars, use expandable notification so more text fits
- Only upload file to google drive if existing file is different and if user selected "overwrite if exists"
- Added stack trace to custom setting errors
- Show helper dialog when trying to scan wifi networks or cell ids while location is off on device
- Tell user that they need to change notification settings via the System settings to hide Tasker's notification
- In order to avoid multiple situations of the app freezing a lot of work is now being done in background threads
- User must now associate a companion devie on Android 8 or above so that Tasker can manipulate notification categories and create different notifications each time.
- If screen is off last available clipboard contents will be used if needed.
- App -> Services condition now uses android.permission.DUMP and android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS permissions so that it works in Oreo
- User has to accept Tasker agreement before he/she can import stuff from Taskernet
- Changed import labels to say which type of import each one is (import task, project, profile, etc)
- When adding shortcut get tasks in background and show loading dialog
- When using Authentication Dialog, Tasker won't count as a foreground app so that app contexts don't stop working correctly when it's showing
- Save %PACTIVE before running tasks for profile, making it available right away in the triggered profile
- Make Google Drive List Folder field optional
- Don't ask plugins to start Tasker service in foreground to minimize crashes (Tasker is already in foreground, not needed)
- Debounce accessibility window events because they were being reported too often
- Use system locale to render %DATE value and to convert Date Time to Seconds
- Disable animations by default
- Fixed long-standing bug where sometimes execute service would get stuck and never run tasks again until restart of Tasker
- Fixed a long standing major memory leak that occurred when using the Profile Status action (and possibly other actions)
- Fixed very important bug where Tasker would sometimes get in an infinite loop in the monitor and conditions would stop getting triggered
- Fixed Phone State events where phone number was being ignored
- Fixed broadcastreceiver leaks in monitor service
- Fixed %SCREEN variable which sometimes was out of sync
- Fix Data Backup action always trying to use Google Drive account even if not set.
- Drastically sped up BT device scans so BT Near contexts should work much better
- Don't show app chooser when composing email from task
- Allow using global variables in Custom Setting conditions
- Ask for location permission when getting location in location selecting screen
- When using Authentication Dialog, Tasker will keep App conditions working
- Fixed parsing date time in some situations
- Fixed formating of decimal math results in some situations
- Add Write System Settings permission when using the Ringtone action in kid apps
- Made Widget Icon action be compatible with local variables
- Fixed screen being reported on after being turned off on some devices
- Fixed Interrupt error when setting custom setting in some situations
- Fix bug with custom setting state condition where sometimes latest state would not be considered
- Fix bug with Seconds to Date Time conversion
- Fix profile list always scrolling when profile or context status changed
- Fixed USB state
- Fix focusing condition text box in Variable State
- Fixed unnamed states showing as "State null" in permission asking dialog
- Fix Wifi Tether error message when it fails
- Fix Notification Event not requesting notification access
- Workaround for some Huawei devices that wrongfully managed broadcast receivers
- Make %SCREEN variable update before triggering profiles based on the screen state
- Workaround for sometimes Google Play not recognizing Tasker License
- Fix End Call action reporting error when ran successfully on Android Pie
- Fix crash in media player init
- Fix log that showed up when querying plugins with intentServices
- Fixed wifi tether conditions in some situations
- Fixed bug where sometimes notification texts couldn't be gotten for intercepted notifications
- Fixed app icon not working as a task icon in some situations
- Fixed some memory leaking issues
- Fixed bug counting active profiles
- Fixed a great number of crashes
- Remove Android Cloud Backup option (replaced by Google Drive Backup anyway)
- Background service detection can sadly no longer work due to technical reasons.