Android 5.0+ Devices
- Added App Changed event which triggers every time the foreground app is changed.
- Added App Info action which returns a lot of info for the chosen app. You can get info for the current app, for a previously opened app (like the previous app that was open, the second to last app, the third to last, etc) or for an app that was opened X seconds ago (for example, the app that was opened 60 seconds ago)
- Made all actions that allow you to select apps (like the Launch App, Kill App, Network Access and Media Control actions) be able to set the app as a variable instead of just a static selection. Demo for 3 above features here. Get the demo project here.
- Added HTTP Request action which allows you to do HTTP Requests of any type (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc) with any headers, body and file contents
- Added HTTP Auth action which allows OAuth 2.0 and Username and Password authentication. Demo for the HTTP features here.
- Ability for Tasker events to set local variables in the entry task like plugins already did. The App Changed event is using this new system
- Allows you to once again use the Services option in the App State condition by granting Tasker the android.permission.DUMP permission
- Made adding new events much easier for the developer, so I'll have a much easier time to add new ones now ;)
- Fixed not being able to get some app icons
- When Google Sign in fails, show actual error that occurred instead of the generic "Result not OK"
- Made all toasts show with the application context and on the main thread
- Fixed some crashes